Sunday, September 23, 2012

iDevice Station

As I began to transform my classroom into a "digital learning environment", I had to keep in mind utilizing the space of the room adequately. So this year I began that transformation with my iDevice Station. This area was cluttered with a refrigerator, coffee pot and paper cutter last year. This year, I have designed an area where my students can work and gather around digital devices. These devices travel throughout the room as we integrate them into our daily lessons. It has made all the difference in the world as students get so excited just looking at all those wonderful "gadgets"! I have a student who is in charge of making sure that all devices are placed in their proper place at the end of the day and shut down properly! She is called the "iDevice Keeper" but sometimes goes by the "iDevice Diva". Here is a sample of what that looks like with all the rules posted on the wall.