Sunday, September 23, 2012

One of My Favorite Apps For Math!

One of my goals for this year is to connect with my parents socially and electronically. I have already introduced the Remind101app to them for texting important class events or homework assignments in spanish. Several of my families do not have internet access so I try to connect with them in other ways through smart phones and apps that will help and show them math strategies I use in the classroom. One of my favorite apps I use daily in math is "ShowMe" or "Educreations". These apps allow me to model any lesson in any subject in spanish or english so that my parents can hear and see the strategies and the vocabulary I use in reading and math. Both apps allow me to link the lesson to my homework online page on our district website so that parents can see the lesson. For those without internet, they can go to our public library and access lessons from there. All they have to do is log in to the district website and find my homework online page. I have already heard from a few families that they watched lessons and are learning right along with their children. Here are two lessons in spanish that I have uploaded. You can find both apps in the App Store and they are FREE!!!