Sunday, May 12, 2013

Popplet Lite App in All Subject Levels



As the year is coming to an end, I am constantly evaluating the apps that seem to be versatile in all subject areas. The Popplet Lite app is one of those apps that students use to organize their thoughts when they are writing. I continue to use this app in all subject areas especially in reading when students are identifying the main idea of a story. Here, I read the book titled "Peter Rabbit", one of my favorites to read around the Easter holiday. I asked the students to choose one or two sentences from the story and identify the main idea. Students listed 3-4 supporting details along with their main idea and emailed their completed Popplet to me when they were finished with activity. Here is one example of how Popplet can help students in reading language arts.

http://goo.gl/BQ8gE