Friday, June 14, 2013

Bitter Sweet Farewell


As the year comes to an end, I am filled with mixed emotions about letting go of my 3rd grade students! This year, my bilingual students were part of our districts first Project Launch iPad Initiative Program. Our districts first roll out of 1:1 iPad in the classroom proved to be the "most positive learning experience" for my students this year. Though our time was short, 4 months of using the iPad, I feel that the learning and the creativity my students showed helped them in so many ways! They not only transformed their learning in a more creative way, they transformed their teacher to always be a life long learner! The discoveries were endless as we were challenged in many ways. The deeper level of thinking became obvious as students kept pushing their limit in their creativity and taking ownership of their learning. This kind of learning "excited" me on a daily basis! It challenged me to "design" lessons that would keep that level of creativity high and engaging. They have gained a sense of confidence in their learning, have asked more questions than before and have no "fear" of the unknown. These are reasons I feel confident as their teacher sending them on to 4th grade. They have forever "transformed" me as an educator. Their successes and failures I will forever treasure the rest of my life! I hope I have made a small difference in their learning because they have made a HUGE difference in MY learning!! My "iPad Ninjas", as they like to be referred as, will be sharing their learning with teachers and students next year! They made a promise to me so I'm confident that they will keep that promise! Next year I begin with a new group of 2nd graders who will follow in these footsteps for the next two years!! This excites me more!!! I'm ready for that journey and its "new discoveries"!!