Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Favorite Digital Storytelling App


Digital storytelling is becoming quite popular in my classroom with my favorite app that I use in all subject areas. I love using the "Write About This" app for reluctant writers who struggle with getting started with writing. Last week, I introduced the math stations using student iPads. The students played their game in their station for that day. They were to take a picture of the math game after they finished playing it and write anything they could tell me about that game. Then they recorded their voice from the writing they had done and shared their movie with me via email. This app also helps with fluency and vocabulary recognition of certain words we study in math, science or language arts. As the year goes on, students can create their own stories and write about them. Here are some student samples from that math lesson.